Σχετ: [Newbies] Polymorph Install Fails

dimitris chloupis thekilon at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 08:24:43 UTC 2011

I was trying to install ToolBuilder so i can get more themes for morphic. Can you point to where , what and how I change and edit themes for morphic with squeak ?

I want to create a painting app, but I wanted to create my own Custom GUI that will look abit like RPG (Role Playing Game) , I intend my app to be something between a serious painting app and a multiplayer game (online painting competitions for 2-10 artists). So I wanted to make my own custom gui but I dont want to reinvent the wheel so I though instead to make a custom theme for morphic since morprhic is already extremely powerful. Any ideas, links ?

________________________________
 Απο: Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu>
Προς: dimitris chloupis <thekilon at yahoo.co.uk>; A friendly place to get answers to even the most basic questions   about Squeak. <beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Στάλθηκε: 10:08 π.μ. Παρασκευή, 18 Νοεμβρίου 2011
Θεμα: Re: [Newbies] Polymorph Install Fails

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, dimitris chloupis wrote:

> I am following instruction from here

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6005

I am using Universe Package Manager --> User Interface --> Polymorph ToolBuilder 1.4

I am getting this error

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/TheKilon/ScreenShot2011-11-16at101048PM.png

I think its the same problem with Modecello , it can't find the PluggableStandardWindow package/class

anyone knows how to resolve this. I though the purpose of the browser was to install all dependencies.

Universes are kinda obsolete nowadays, just like Polymorph in Squeak. The version you're trying to load is probably not compatible with the Squeak version you're using (there's no Polymorph support for Squeak 4.1 or newer, not sure about 4.0). Also note that the error message shows that PluggableStandardWindow is in your image, but it doesn't understand the message #createBox.

Levente