[Newbies] Re: PipeableOSProcess incremental output

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Nov 28 14:03:18 UTC 2011

David T. Lewis wrote

> PipeableOSProcess is designed...

I learned a lot from your answer (I always forget I can chain them
together), but I'm not clear whether it answered my question :)

Let me rephrase... In my original example:
    PipeableOSProcess command: '/usr/local/bin/HandBrakeCLI -e x264 -q 20 -m
--start-at duration:1 --stop-at duration:5 -i /Volumes/DISK_01 -o
"/path/to/DISK_01.mp4"'

As a naive user, I would assume that "p errorUpToEnd" would show me the
error output. I found that it did not unless I first sent "p
updateErrorPipelineStream". From your answer, it sounds like the error
stream should be automatically notified and updated when new data is
available, but this doesn't seem to be happening.

Sean