[Newbies] Re: OSProcess example

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 12 18:02:34 UTC 2011

Hi Prashanth,

The VM that you are using does not include the necessary plugin support
for OSProcess. There are some newer VMs that do have this support,
for example this one:

  http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2499/cogwin.zip

But this will not work with Squeak 3.8.

Since you are using a Squeak 3.8 image on Windows, I suggest that
you try using the Process Wrapper package instead of OSProcess.
This is a package written by Levente Uzonyi that should do exactly
what you need. You can find it on SqueakSource:

  http://www.squeaksource.com/ProcessWrapper

  http://squeaksource.com/@A3eR3kgBj6bF6Btx/uXSs3tq9

If this does not work for you, please write again and I will try
to find an OSProcess plugin for Windows for you.

Dave