[Newbies] Drawing with Morphic Transforms

Jeff G jgon.in.canada at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:07:02 UTC 2011

Hi Bert,

Thanks for your advice.  My problem was that the method fillRectangle:color:
does not take into account the current transform.  Using the alternate
rectangle function you suggested did indeed work like a charm.  I will go
through all of the drawing functions in Balloon Canvas over the next day or
so and file bugs in Mantis against the ones that don't follow the current
transform.

I really enjoy using vector graphics and it seems to be the way that most
drawing is done these days (cairo, canvas, quartz, gdi+) so I really want to
have good vector graphics in squeak. I might also try and take a look at a
few of the methods to see if I can assemble a fix for them if need be.  If
you have any other suggestions for tasks that I could do to help out the
vector graphics situation in squeak I would be all ears.

Thanks again for your help,
Jeff G.