[Newbies] FFI in Cuis

Overcomer Man overcomer.man at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 02:15:43 UTC 2011

> You should use the http://source.squeak.org/FFI Monticello repository to
load FFI. Load FFI-Pools first, then FFI-Kernel. Optionally you can load
the platform code for your OS (FFI-Win32 if you're using windows) and the
tests (FFI-Tests). If you don't want to bother with doing this manually,
then you can use SqueakMap or there's the "Extending te system" item in
the docking bar's Help menu. The second code snippet loads FFI.

> Levente

It worked, thanks!  I backtracked on the releases until I found one that
would compile for each group.
FFI-Pool3, FFI-Kernal22, FFI-Win8, FFI-Test4  I also tried
FFI-Examples-Win32 after removing the Mac and X11 classes but it failed.
 The working code compiled the example method getFocus.

Then I tried to manually fileIn VideoFlow.st but that failed.
Error: 'genBranchPopFalse: distance index 1133 is out of range 0 to 1023'
Is there something I can safely fix or ignore here?

How do you copy the debug walkback into an email?

Thanks,
Kirk