[Newbies] Re: Re: perform withArguments

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Apr 24 14:07:39 UTC 2012

Hi Bert,

>Ah that's curious - your reply did not have a Re: and was not threaded with the original message. Would have saved me to write a message very similar to yours ;)
>- Bert -

Sorry about that.  I don't like seeing all the Re: Re:.... filling up the
subject line often to the point where you can't see the real subject any
more, so I often remove it.

I use Forte Agent for email and news groups because it (by and large)
treats them the same and I can keep them all in one place.  I read the post
at and posted my reply to gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.beginners.  With
Forte Agent, all the posts, including mine were in the same thread.  What
is also curious is that I also received a copy of your post (the one I am
replying to here) as an email but none of the other posts including your
other one.

I seem to get all the posts via the news group but only some of the emails.
I would rather I just get the news group posts but don't know how to turn
off the email copies.

Anyway, I will try to remember to leave one Re: in the future.  Although
I'm not sure why it is required to keep the thread together.  If anything,
having exactly the same subject line should keep post together better than
having to ignore a lot of Re:'s to fine the real subject.

Lou