[Newbies] Stackoverflow - for raising mindshare?

Sebastian Nozzi sebnozzi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 12:14:56 UTC 2012

Hello fellow Squeak/Pharo users,

at work I find stack-overflow a quite valuable resource whenever I get
stuck with something (Java, Ruby, Unix, etc.).

What do you think about the idea of using it more, so that:

- people starting with Smalltalk can find answers there apart from
digging in the mailing-lists
- raising the awareness/mind-share about open-source Smalltalk in the
"outside world"?

I for one will try to double-post my questions both in the
corresponding mailing lists and stack-overflow, and whenever I find
good information that might be helpful for newcomers, I'll try to post
it there also.

It might help attracting more people to open-source Smalltalk and gain
more acceptance in the industry.

Best regards,

Sebastian