[Newbies] Centering text in morphic

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Thu Feb 9 16:29:16 UTC 2012

Sure. My first pass at writing code using Morphic is to see if an
existing class does what I want and then deciding if it is worth the
time to "roll my own" using whatever insight I got from seeing how the
existing code works.

#drawOn should only be used if you need to do things which don't use
exisint morphs and/or need a great deal of speed. The built-in
composition capabilities of Morphic are usually powerful enough to
accomplish any kind of  behavior using compositions of simpler morphs.
Obviously, you don't create high-level paint programs using morphs as
the pixels, but anything higher level than that is probably a good
candidate for composition.

OTOH, if I was to write an educational program showing how line-drawing
algorithms work, I probably WOULD use morphs as pixels. YMMV.