[Newbies] Is there an easy way to implement an animation loop?

Jan Teske jan.teske at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Jan 5 13:15:12 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I try to implement a blocking animation so that the process waits for
the animation to be terminated before going ahead. This animation should
lower the extent of a Morph in 20 iterations so that it looks like it
would shrink.

I tried to accomplish that in a '1 to: 20 do:' loop but the Morph is not
updated during the iterations. I tried 'morph changed' but that doesn't
work either. It does work, however, if I fork the animation loop. But
than I have an extra process an need Semaphores to wait for its
execution. That's not as simple as it could be.

Is there any better way than fork and Semaphore? Maybe some force redraw
method I have overlooked?

Thanks in advance!