[Newbies] Re: Modifying tooltips in Squeak

MJK mjk at iki.fi
Sun Jan 29 13:29:54 UTC 2012

Jerome Peace wrote

> A good way to play would be to subclass the BalloonMorph and modify the
> #initialize #getVertices and #adjustedCenter methods.

Thanks, good idea. I've created a new subclass and it works perfectly, when
I replace BalloonMorphs with my own. Only thing left is to figure out, how
themes and color preferences work with BalloonMorphs. I have a general idea
of the system, but apparently no one has implemented browsable preferences
for BalloonMorphs that could be modified and applied via Preferences
Browser. But for now I'm very happy how things work.

Btw, if anybody is interested in seeing my tooltip implementation, it is
available at SqueakSource: http://www.squeaksource.com/MJKTooltip.html It's
not much code, but I'm proud of it :)

-Matti