[Newbies] looking for mentors

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:08:58 UTC 2012

On 12-07-04 9:05 AM, Sung won Lim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a student living in nyc area. I've been tinkering around with
> squeak for a while now and think it's a really promising platform for
> developing bioinformatics tools aimed at high school students working
> in biology laboratory settings.
>
> I'd love to be able to receive mentorship and trade notes with someone
> well versed in the language. I'm willing to teach you how to screen
> your own genomes and barcode DNA of different organisms if you want.
> Anyone up for it?
>
> -sung

Hi Sung,

How about you get your start here on this list. Get your basic questions
answered. Then move to the Squeak-dev list.
What you're studying and how you plan to use Squeak sounds fascinating.
Members of the Squeak-dev list would be very interested in your work.

One thing about mentorship is that is sounds private. At Squeak we'd
like to share what your doing (unless part of it is secret, of course)
with a wide number of people as a demonstration of how Squeak can be
used. Perhaps you'd start a blog to document how Squeak can be used for
your work?

I'm sure your questions can be answered here. There are also lots of
videos on YouTube for getting started.

Thanks,
Chris