[Newbies] Object Domain

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:30:04 UTC 2012

On 12-07-06 11:24 AM, Bruce Prior wrote:
> I see the term object domain used a lot these days but I'm hardpressed
> to understand what it actually is.
>
> Can someone please tell me what an object domain is and perhaps give
> an example?
>
> many thanks.
>
> Bruce Prior

I'll take a shot and somebody can correct me. The domain is related to
your data, your database, how you modeled the problem into pieces of
data. So the object domain would be the objects related to holding or
delivering data from you persistence/database.

In the MVC, model/view/controller, pattern the model is the
data/database. The view presents it to an input device i.e. screen or
web page. The controllers work between the two.

The object domain would be the model objects. A SQL database, say.

That's my take.

Chris