[Newbies] Re: Help with pen stuff

OrgmiGeek cool.origami.1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:24:19 UTC 2012

>> In my spare time I decided to rite a simple paint program! I have
encountered
>> some problems:
>> #1 does paint stuff work in the BorderedMorph category?

>With a Pen you paint on a Form (which is an picture object holding pixels).
To display a Form in Morphic >you can use an ImageMorph.

>> #2 how would you make the program draw where your mouse pointer is? I
>> think
>> you do it like:
>> myPen goto: 200 at 200.	but more like: myPen goto: mouseX at mouseY

>Your morph can receive mouse events. You need to implement the
handlesMouseDown: method to return >true.

>This will send mouse event messages to your morph. It will receive a
mouseDown: message when the >mouse button is pressed, and a mouseMove:
message when the mouse is moved subsequently, and >finally a mouseUp:
message.

>The argument to these messages is a MouseEvent. It has a position, but that
is in world coordinates. You >need to subtract the morph's topLeft
coordinate from the event's position.
I will try this as soon as I have time!

>It's really just a handful of lines, but see the attached example for a
working version.
I just opened it in a text editor :O that is not many lions at all!
>- Bert -

I just have one more question how do I actually file in some thing. my dad
and I spent ages trying to find that out so we just exchanged Images
thanks so much for your help!

-----
---
Under the age of 15 so don't want to post my name :D