[Newbies] Re: Help with pen stuff

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jun 5 13:38:33 UTC 2012

On 05.06.2012, at 15:24, OrgmiGeek wrote:

>> It's really just a handful of lines, but see the attached example for a
>> working version.
>
> I just opened it in a text editor :O that is not many lions at all!

Nor other cats, really.

>> - Bert -
>
> I just have one more question how do I actually file in some thing. my dad
> and I spent ages trying to find that out so we just exchanged Images
> thanks so much for your help!

Well, on my system, I just drag the email attachment into the Squeak window. Squeak will ask what to do with it, I choose "fileIn entire file".

Given that your email client even has trouble quoting correctly, you may have to save the attachment to a file first. If drag-and-drop of the file should not work, then open a File List tool in Squeak and navigate to the file.

To create the file out I right-clicked on the class and chose "file out".

A better way is using a ChangeSorter (google for "squeak changesorter").

The professional way for Squeak source code management is using Monticello, but you can learn that later.

- Bert -