[Newbies] How to import jpg/ png/ bmp drawing into squeak background

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:49:41 UTC 2012

This is from memory (don't have a computer that runs Squeak handy.)

Bring up the World menu by clicking on the Squeak desktop. Chose open... and chose file list. This one has a somewhat retro interface, so play around with it for a bit to get the feel of the thing. Then navigate to your graphic using the file list, and right click on the file (Squeak's buttons aren't completely consistent across operating systems. The correct click will bring up a contextual menu.)

From the menu there should be an option labelled "use as desktop background" or some such (don't recall the actual wording, you may have to poke around a bit, and if the option in question isn't in the list, and we've got the correct menu, then there should be something in the list to show more options.)

Hope that helps! Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Casey