[Newbies] Re: SketchMorph?

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 17:05:31 UTC 2012

On 12-10-14 9:12 AM, OrgmiGeek wrote:
> thank you
> but I want to do it in squeak not Etoys
>

> -----
> ---
> Under the age of 15 so don't want to post my name
> --
In Squeak get a halo on anything. Say, your sketch morph. Now click the
light blue button with the eyeball. You will get the same viewer on any
object. You could do it on a browser, open the viewer, click the yellow
exclamation mark, and it will make a croak sound. Press the yellow
exclamation mark beside "forward by" and it will march forward five pixels.

The videos from WavePlace are for Etoys, but the viewer is on Squeak as
well. When you've done that a bit and found out what you want, then you
can look into the browser code to see the actual Smalltalk code. But
playing with the tiles presented in the viewer is not a bad way to
discover your options. Those WavePlace videos can help.

Chris