[Newbies] OmniBrowser and Refactoring

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 13:45:06 UTC 2012

Andy,

There is a SystemBrowser which has many more features than
SystemBrowser which comes with the Squeak trunk image.

On 9/11/12, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 2012-09-11, at 01:43, Chris Cunnington <smalltalktelevision at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 12-09-10 7:34 PM, Andy Burnett wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is there a method - or other mechanism - that would let me find all
>>> instances of 'foo' and replace them with 'bar' within an image? I imagine
>>> there must be, but I can't find it.

> There is a tool to automate a lot of this called the Refactoring Browser,
> which many developers like, but I don't even have it in my image.
>
> - Bert -

The Refactoring Browser is included in OmniBrowser

You may load it by executing the following code snippet

    "Omnibrowser, including Refactoring engine"
        (Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
    'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
        ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform:
      #lastVersion) load: #( Dev ).

This is from the Workspace 'Extending the system' which is in the 'Help' menu.

It has menu choices like

    refactor --> search code
    refactor --> source regex

Maybe somebody else can point you to the right direction when and how
to apply this.

HTH

--Hannes