[Newbies] A morph for doing 2D plots

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 6 23:50:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 11:16:09PM +0100, Mateusz Grotek wrote:
> Mateusz Grotek pisze:
> > I have created a morph for doing 2D plots.
> > It is still in the pre-alpha stage, but might be useful for someone.
> > It is my first public smalltalk project. :-)

Excellent! Good to see new projects like this.

> > No tests and no documentation yet.
> > If anyone has any useful advice, please share it with me.
> > Thank you!

Don't forget to add class comments as you go. It's a lot easier than
trying to write them later on. Just write quick a line or two of comment
when you first create the class, more or less as a note to yourself
explaining what you are going to do. That automatically captures your
original design intent. I think a lot of people get writers block when
they want to document an existing class, so if you just write it down
in 20 words or less before you get started, the problem is solved. You
can always go back and document some of the details later on if you
want to :-)

Dave