[Newbies] Is There A Tutorial for People Who Have Never Programmed?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 07:10:21 UTC 2013

Hi Will. Good question. So I think there's a lot of great stuff you can read on Stephan Ducasse's page.

Squeak is a dialect of Smalltalk (the original as it happens) and the usual book is Smalltalk-80: The Language and Its Implementation. Folks call it the Blue Book.

I'm not sure it's the world's best intro to programming though. Hopefully someone else will have a good idea about what to read. Do you have a particular project in mind that you want to do?