[Newbies] How can I play a sound from time A to time B?

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sun Jan 20 03:00:53 UTC 2013

So I figured out how to read in a paragraph of text and split it
into separate words I can highlight as I read.  Still need to play around a
bit to handle the different fonts/sizes and kerning.

Each word is its own Text object embedded in a Rectangle which "highlights"
the words as I read.  I set the "highlight timing" by using the keyboard as
I record the sound.  Then make minor adjustments as needed.  This will play
fine in reading the whole sentence/paragraph.

But I want the user to be able to click on a word and hear that word
spoken. Rather than re-record each word, I would like to be able to play a
snippet of the recording.

So... How do a play a sound recorded in Etoys from time A to time B?

Cheers,
Stephen