[Newbies] Re: [etoys-dev] How can I play a sound from time A to time B?

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sun Jan 20 05:18:39 UTC 2013

Mike,

Actually my goal is to create something kids and their parents can use.
 Where a child can tell a story (which is recorded).  Then the parent can
type it in and the child and/or parent can work together to create the
"word highlighted when its read" feature for that particular story.

So no SMIL/XML although the article you sent me (
http://apex.infogridpacific.com/dcp/SMIL-production.html#rw-h3_67543-060614180)
did give me some good points on the need for highlighting at the
phrase/sentence/paragraph levels instead of just word level, depending on
the needs of the learner.

Cheers,
Stephen