[Newbies] How can I embed an object in another "holder"

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 05:53:14 UTC 2013

On Monday 28 January 2013 09:54 AM, Steve Thomas wrote:
> I'm using Etoys and I want to change and objects "holder"
> What is the squeak code to embed it in a different object?

You have to detach the morph from its existing owner and then add it to
the destination container. See grabMorph:from and attachMorph: methods
for examples.

Also see senders of addMorph: and its variants addMorphFront:,
addMorphBack: for more examples on how to embed morphs.

A Holder is essentially a PasteUpMorph with some options turned on.
Other variants are Playfield, PartsBin etc.

Regards .. Subbu