[Newbies] Re: How do i list the execution order of objects inside a method?

mircea mircea at unom.ro
Wed Jan 30 10:27:26 UTC 2013

I know… i also posted the question there, but thank you for pointing it out!

The keywords contained in the answer have indeed pointed me in a good direction. I've since compiled a list of all the things i am supposed to know before i can attack the problem myself.

Conceptually i think i have the solution, as all the pieces seem to be available, but i think it will take some time before i slowly transition this mental model to a "working" model given my lack of practical expertise.

I have high hopes that what i'm trying to achieve will also help alleviate some of the caveats OO has now, a rather opaqueness of objects, a "hiding" of relevant information behind something else, and the need to "know" the model of all the separate packages involved, which you don't actually need, to build something rather small in between.

I find it rather peculiar that it is in this field also, the best advice of how to fix things comes from people complaining.
I found this http://blog.jot.fm/2010/08/26/ten-things-i-hate-about-object-oriented-programming/
I may not share the expertise of the writer but i can say, with confidence, that i am quite familiar with the feeling.

Regards.

Pe 28.01.2013, la 18:09, dcorking [via Smalltalk] <ml-node+s1294792n4665876h61 at n4.nabble.com> a scris: