[Newbies] Pool Variables

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 05:08:19 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 02 July 2013 08:46 AM, Joseph J Alotta wrote:
> Just curious, can someone give me an real life example of when you would need to use pool variables and no other variable would work?

Generally information from external world are made available through
pool variables since they are broadly consumed by many classes. Examples
are
  * Physical or Math constants like pi, e, ...
  * Conventional names for weeks, months, colors, directions, playing
cards, chess pieces.
  * Elements of binary file headers
  * Character and Font tables
  * Sensor events coming from hardware devices (like button codes)

Explore

    SharedPool subclasses

to see real-life usage in method source codes.

HTH .. Subbu