[Newbies] PipeableOSProcess shell interaction

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Jun 12 05:34:47 UTC 2013

When using PipeableOSProcess as a shell, how can I get feedback on the status
of the individual commands?

For example, with waitForCommand:, I can do:
  p := PipeableOSProcess waitForCommand: 'curl -L largeFile'.
  p succeeded ifFalse: [ ^ self error: 'Could not dowload...' ].

but a the shell like:
  shell := PipeableOSProcess bash.
  shell exec: ('cd ', folderName).
  shell exec: 'curl -L largeFile...'.
what's the equivalent of #succeeded? If there's no clear external sign that
the command is finished, how do I check? Also, I don't seem to get anything
back on the error stream e.g. if I change curl to cul, which doesn't exist,
I still get an empty string from #errorUpToEnd.

Thanks!

-----
Cheers,
Sean