[Newbies] PipeableOSProcess shell interaction

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 18 03:08:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 04:49:57PM -1000, OpenSlate ChalkDust wrote:
> I tried to use your code but I don't have either class in my 4.3 or 4.4
> images. Do they require adding something?

OSProcess and CommandShell are not part of Squeak, they are externally
maintained packages. You can load them into your standard Squeak image
by opening a SqueakMap browser:

  world -> open... -> SqueakMap Catalogue

This will open a SqueakMap Package Loader. You can use this to load the
OSProcess package, then load the CommandShell package.

The PipeableOSProcess and CommandShell classes are both part of the
CommandShell package that you can load from SqueakMap.

Dave