[Newbies] RE: I need an idea. I know you have some. Give. (Casey Ransberger)

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 01:53:41 UTC 2013

And a TableMorph could complete the package. It's something I've thought
about for a while too. I wish there was more information about Analyst
around, I get the sense that a Smalltalk spreadsheet could be crazy
powerful.

http://computinged.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/alan-kay-on-beyond-spreadsheets/

Lately I've been following the VPRI papers around functional reactive
programming (FRP) which might also be worth a look if you're thinking about
this stuff.

http://www.vpri.org/pdf/rn2012001_kscript.pdf

http://www.vpri.org/pdf/m2013001_serializing.pdf

I like the idea, and I like the tightly limited scope. I'll think about
this.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Joseph J Alotta <joseph.alotta at gmail.com>wrote:

> It always bothered me, and still does that there isn't a Table object.
>
> Most of my data has more than one key and more than one data items, just
> like a table in a spreadsheet, or a table in SQL.
>
> I think all of us are spending our time packing things into Arrays of
> Arrays or Dictionaries of Dictionaries when the most
> simple structure of a Table is what we need.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joe.

Casey Ransberger