[Newbies] Re: Input and output of morphic text

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Mar 13 14:54:02 UTC 2013

Marshall Hampton wrote
> I am homeschooling my daughter, who is 9.  She is quite proficient at
> Scratch.  A week ago I decided to give her a very brief tour of other
> programming languages...
>
> For her third language she chose Squeak, since she knew that Scratch was
> written in it.

Marshall, that is beautiful! I'm touched by your dedication and wisdom. I
especially love that you let her choose the language, and her rationale for
choosing Squeak. Reading your post, I feel the excitement of exploration,
falling down the rabbit hole...

Please ask any other questions. What you're doing is so important. Now if we
can get this to the 50 million school-aged children in the U.S., we'll be
all set ;)

Sean

-----
Cheers,