[Newbies] Is Squeak/Pharo an appropriate language choice?

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Fri Nov 1 13:53:51 UTC 2013

Hi Charles,

I don't know enough about Magma to answer your questions.  I'm really a VA
Smalltalk guy and only play a little with Squeak.  I knew just enough about
Magma to point you to it.  I'm sure there are a lot of Squeakers that know
about Magma and can probably answer your questions but they are probably
not reading this list.  Try re-posting on:
gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general.  There may also be a Magma
specific list but I'm not sure about that.

Before you decide you need a database for sure maybe you could experiment
with creating a lot of data in your image and see how long it takes to
load/save.  If it isn't too long then the OS paging out pieces and then
back when needed might not be too bad?

Also, if you are going to use a database maybe you could use a hash (big)
for the id's?

Lou