[Newbies] Save a class comment in Unix Squeak 4.5 leads to 'RemoteString past end of file'

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Aug 1 08:26:10 UTC 2014

I can't save class comments. I get 'RemoteString past end of file'
which seems to be a failed attempt to write to the changes file.

Any attempt to use the class browser after that causes the same error message.

I downloaded the All-in-One package, and updated the image, but still
have the same error.

SqueakDebug.log at https://gist.github.com/dcorking/37540a86c1d3623c2b7a

I am using an x86-64 PC with 64-bit Fedora 20.  As far as I can tell I
have the 32 bit OS libraries installed. (Is there a command to confirm
that Squeak can find all the 32 bit libraries it needs?)

What should my next troubleshooting step be?

Best, David