[Newbies] Save a class comment in Unix Squeak 4.5 leads to 'RemoteString past end of file'

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Fri Aug 1 15:24:10 UTC 2014

Thanks, David. Sorry my search engine fu wasn't up to finding your
original conversation (and sorry that I thought I had updated to
trunk, but actually only pulled the 4.5 updates.) **

The workaround in the trunk update works for me.

There are some mysteries to this, including the surprise that an Etoys
5.01 image can save class comments fine, without the flush workaround.

Best, David C.

** - I just rewrote the 'update stream' page of the swiki so I don't
make the same mistake again. Please check it for errors:
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3154