[Newbies] Looking for help with some issues I've come across in Squeak 4.5 All-In-One for Windows.

DarinM1967 murphy.darin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 02:04:34 UTC 2014

Squeak 4.5 All-In-One
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit)
D:\Squeak-4.5-All-In-One

Hey everyone,

It's been several years since I tried to learn Squeak so I'm not surprised
that things have changed, but these issues are a bit unusual so I thought
I'd ask for some help. Anyway long story short (Too late! Hehehe) here are
some of the things that appear to be broken or have changed making it
difficult to work in Squeak 4.5.

1. Unable to "Save Project" and "Save Project As".  When I do, it allows me
to name the Project and it brings up the Resource Folder which doesn't show
the "Squeaklets" folder (which should and does exist) and when I try to save
anywhere in the resources or another folder I receive a Debug error
"MessageNotUnderstood: ScrapBook>>emptyScrapsBook".

2. Unable to find packages in "StarMap Catagories" and "StarMap Catalog"
other than the ones already in my Squeak distribution.  Now if there is a
new way to find and install packages in Squeak please let me know.

I've only been using Squeak for a few hours now and these stumbling blocks
are making it difficult to learn how to properly use Squeak so if anyone can
assist me with these I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks and have a good
day!