[Newbies] How to use Form pixelCompare:with:at:

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jan 7 15:23:51 UTC 2014

On 07.01.2014, at 16:13, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
> Am 07.01.2014 15:57, schrieb Bert Freudenberg:
>> Try 16 bit forms. - Bert -
> thanks, that works.
>
> Is this a bug or infeasible with 32 Bit Forms? it's surprisingly fast. (I'm dealing with Photos)

It's using BitBlt so should be fast indeed. Sounds like a bug that it does not work in 32 bits, at least according to the comment.

OTOH all the BitBlt tally operations only work up to 16 bit depth. With 32 bit forms you could easily overflow a SmallInteger. So you might want to reduce the depth of the forms anyway before comparing.

- Bert -