[Newbies] shadowed

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 04:53:18 UTC 2014

And to be clear, that means the temporary variable is getting used where the programmer probably thought the instance variable was being used. This is a common source of bugs, so it's usually best to avoid naming collisions between temps and ivars, and that's why the system is warning you about it.

It's a very thoughtful system:)

--Casey