[Newbies] Re: Unknown error

Ben Coman btc at openInWorld.com
Fri Jun 6 18:09:37 UTC 2014

ParadoxMachine wrote:
> That worked, thanks.
> By the way, how do I put strings (or a string and a number) together? The
> way I did it requires me to write more than a single "Transcript show:"
> line.
> -ParadoxMachine
Two alternatives...
* Transcript crShow: 1 asString, String tab, 2 asString.
* Transcript crShow: 1 ; tab ; show: 2.

As well, you may find the links useful...

btw, just some general feedback on your code. Since b is set to 1 before
the loop and at the end of the loop, it is equivalent to just do that at
the start of the loop instead (unless you are relying on b=1 after the
loop. And here is an alternative...
0 to: 9 do: [     :a |
    b := 1.
    a timesRepeat: [b := b*2].