[Newbies] Terse Guide to Squeak

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Oct 4 17:09:01 UTC 2014

On 04.10.2014, at 18:56, <summae3443 at mypacks.net> <summae3443 at mypacks.net> wrote:

> When I tried to program a table lookup using the usually very helpful Terse Guide, I noticed a couple of things...
>
> 1. The remark for detect: is "find position of first element that passes test" but it should be "return first element that passes test"
>
>  2. There seems to be no alternative in the guide for finding the first element that passes a test. After some archaeology ;) I found SequenceableCollection>>findFirst: which is useful for table lookups.
>
> I updated TerseGuideHelp class to change the remark for detect: wherever it occurs and added findFirst: to Array, OrderedCollection, SortedCollection, and Interval. How can I contribute this to the All-In-One?

You submit the changed package via Monticello.

I made a how-to video a while ago, the relevant part is from 1:20 to 4:00:

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QKmfI4taGo#t=1m20s

This is for Etoys, but the difference is really just the repository names - you submit to "inbox". Should only take 3 minutes :)

- Bert -