[Newbies] Running Squeak on Mac OS X fails due to damaged file.
jgr.asselin at me.com
Thu Sep 25 21:36:40 UTC 2014
Following the suggestion of Levente I propose this text for the website.
Download the Squeak All-In-One.Unzip and double click. Works on any operating system.
(1)Problem on OSX when attempting to launch Squeak All-in-One.
(1) Beginning with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) there is a new security feature called Gatekeeper. Gatekeeper is enabled by default and prevents applications distributed outside of the Mac App Store from launching.
Launching such application results in the error: "<Application> is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash."
• Open Gatekeeper settings located in "System Preferences > Security & Privacy"
• On the "General" panel set "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Anywhere" and confirm by pressing "Allow From Anywhere"
• Download, unpack and run the Squeak All-in-One application.
• Once an application is successfully launched, it no longer goes through Gatekeeper. (this is not true for OSX 10.9.5 as I tried to restore Gatekeeper setting and tried to decompress and run a new instance of Squeak All-in-One and I got the error: ….is damaged…etc)
• Thus you can restore Gatekeeper settings to the default option "Mac App Store and identified developers" after successfully launching the profiler but you'll have to bypass it again the next time you download an all-in-one from Squeak site.
Le 2014-09-25 à 16:26, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> a écrit :
> This is just how "security" works at Apple. The cause and the fix is explained here: http://www.yourkit.com/download/mountain_lion.html
> I think we should add a similar note to the zip file, and the website too.
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2014, Henrik Aagaard wrote:
>> This is my error message:
>> On 25 Sep 2014, at 21:39, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> On 25.09.2014, at 20:50, Henrik Aagaard <mail at henrikaagaard.com> wrote:
>>>> I’ve download the file 3 times, all with this result:
>>>> shasum -a 256 Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.zip
>>>> Opening the file and run the .app still results in damaged file from Mac OS X :(
>>> What is the exact error message?
>>> Beginners mailing list
>>> Beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>> Beginners mailing list
>> Beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> Beginners mailing list
> Beginners at lists.squeakfoundation.org
More information about the Beginners