[Newbies] Re: How to reopen a collapsed Morph from another Morph?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Aug 15 06:33:41 UTC 2015

Hi Fredrik,

Am 14.08.2015 um 12:02 schrieb Fredrik Alink:
> By the way, I have Squeak 4.4, should I go to 4.5?

current Squeak is 5.0.
4.4 was delivered with the interpreter VM but can run on the faster Cog
VM. It uses the old image format. It's the last Squeak where Project
saving works. Squeak Projects are like several Desktops in Squeak.
4.5 is it's successor, still old image format.
Just recently released:
4.6 is the current Squeak with the old image format and a quite
different look.
5.0 comes with the even faster Spur VM which needs a new image format.
Otherwise it's 4.6. This is where Squeak development will continue.

Whatever your choice, I assume it will make no difference re your
collapsed Morph problem.

My personal advice is that you move to 5.0 unless you use Squeak
projects for e.g. documentation and want to be able to transfer them to
other images. In this case stick with 4.4.

If you move to 5.0 you may want to save your preferences in 4.4 (Tools
in the main docking bar, preferences) and reload them in 5.0. Results
are not perfect.

Cheers,

Herbert