[Newbies] How do I print?

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 23:43:12 UTC 2015

Several different things are polymorphically called print.  How do I send
text to a peripheral printer?  I found the menu item "Send contents to
printer" and it produced walkback which says
"MessageNotUnderstood: SmalltalkEditor>sendContentsToPrinter".  Printer
setup similarly failed yet after the OS supplied the customary sound that
the printer was hooked up.

This occurred in Squeak 4.5 under Windows 7.  What would solve the problem
best?  Upgrading Squeak?  Getting a different printer? Going back to
Digitalk Smalltalk/V and a dot matrix ribbon printer where it did work
years ago?

Kirk