[Newbies] Re: How to doubble sort a collection

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:00:13 UTC 2015

Does using the | or & notation have any advantages over and: or or:  or
ifTrue:ifFalse ?

I always write expressions like the one you've written like:

a date = b date
   ifTrue:[a temps > b temps]
   ifFalse:[a date > b date]

Louis LaBrunda wrote
> Hi Raymond,
>
> Try:
>
> ^notes sorted:[:a :b | (a date  > b date) | ((a date = b date) & (a date
> temps > b date temps))].
>
> Lou
>
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2015 10:34:48 -0500, Raymond Asselin <

> jgr.asselin@

> wrote:
>
>>I have this kind of sorting on anOrderedCollection
>>
>>BlocNotes >>sortedNotes
>>	^notes sorted:[:a :b | a date  > b date]
>>
>>This sort my notes on date but I want them sort by date AND inside a date
by hours and I don't khow how to do this.

>>Some insights?
>>
>>aNote = 'med com date temps' instancesVariables what I call hours = temps
witch is a number like 2123 for 21h23