[Newbies] Squeak 4.4 run error

Michael Rice limitcase at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 21:52:03 UTC 2015

Got Squeak 4.5 running now, but have a scripting problem. If I drag a new
script onto the "world," the new script doesn't accept instruction tiles,
i.e., no green area to accept the tile appears when I hover over it and if
I just drop the tile on the new script I end up with the instruction tile
on top on the new script tile.

Tell me, could Etoys have this kind of negative effect on Squeak, breaking
this aspect of scripting? Or Pharo? Could that also be why 4.4 hangs when I
try to run it?

Michael