[Newbies] material design for squeak!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jan 25 15:47:43 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 09:02:35PM +0530, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:
> considering the *great* graphics and animation support available under
> squeak, would it be difficult to mould the squeak 'ui' to adhere to
> material design guidelines [1] from google?
>
> 1. http://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html
>
> ~mayuresh

Designing and implementing user interfaces tends to be a lot of work, but
aside from that I so no reason that it could not be done.

One of the nice aspects of Squeak (often overlooked) is that it provides
a concept of "projects" in which different types of user interface
environments can be implemented. You can open a Morphic project or an
MVC project, and the system will look and feel quite different depending
which kind of project you are currently using. The concept can be extended
to other kinds of UI implementation, such as the one you are suggesting
here.

I am cross-posting to the squeak-dev list, which is probably a better
place to continue the discussion.

Dave