[Newbies] Raspberry Pi v. Raspberry St

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 00:12:13 UTC 2015

I used Cuis at first to display hand written G-Codes in graphic form for a
printed circuit board.  I kept up with Cuis through a few versions and
found a couple of bugs for Juan.  Eventually Casey advised going to Squeak
so I did. Perhaps my requests were getting annoying.

I'm mostly interested in using a multi-core Squeak with GC control for my
robot.  Tim says a multi-core VM is coming for the new Pi.  He hasn't
answered on GC control.  With muliti-core a user need not see GC control
but the system should provide 100% GC free service even if behind the
scenes it momentarily toggles one GC off and lets the other complete.

With real time driving, which I hope my robot will do some day, getting rid
of all 100ms delays is vital.