[Newbies] Cyrilic fonts in Squeak

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 21 12:55:42 UTC 2015

> On 21.05.2015, at 03:21, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 04:06:59AM +0300, Ariel Feinerman wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> does anyone know how to allow cyrillic and other languages in Squeak 4.5?
>>

> I have no personal knowledge in this area, but I know that cyrillic fonts
> have been supported in various Squeak versions, and I would expect that this
> should be possible in the latest Squeak releases also. Try googling "squeak
> cyrillic fonts", follow a few links and see if it helps.

When importing a TTF font we only import the latin glyphs to save space. I’m not exactly sure where in the code that is, but by adding the cyrillic code points it should just work. All the machinery is there.

Also, Nicolay’s Крестьянство SDK supports cyrillic fonts:

http://st.krestianstvo.org/web/en/download

- Bert -