[Newbies] Cyrilic fonts in Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 22 00:52:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:00:54AM +0300, Ariel Feinerman wrote:
> I istalled Free Type Plus like it was said in
> http://www.nat-geo.ru/planet/193798-posledniy-den-palmiry but nothing
> change. Then I load fonts with cyrillic support
> http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Download and
> https://fedorahosted.org/liberation-fonts. I changed system fonts and all
> works well. I can see, the only problem is lack of needed fonts, so why the
> developers do not include them in the production image or at least
> distribute them with it? Smalltalk is excellent for child teaching but it
> is not good for children to study programming with ???? marks and
> installing fonts ;-)

Maybe you can help by being a developer too :-)  If you have knowledge of
the subject, and an iterest in making improvements, then your help will
be welcome.

Here is an overview of how our community development process works:

  https://squeakboard.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/a-new-community-development-model/

Dave