[Newbies] Beginners GUI

Kirk Fraser overcomer.man at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:32:03 UTC 2015

Wait for it... I found my microwave rotating table glass broke in two so I
went to the same store planning to buy another of the same brand.  The
store no longer stocks the old brand so I chose an unknown and was
surprised it has a better user interface.  Instead of having to hit "400
[start]" to get four minute cook time I now hit the 4 key and it starts
automatically.  Now it seems a GUI face lift could be done to make Squeak
much simpler like that.

Thinking about it, one could provide menu items to convert to the new touch
screen laptop format or the user v. programmer preferences.  Imagine a GUI
like the Iron Man engineering interface(s).  Now isn't that serendipitous
story more inspiring toward a vision to really revolutionize the beginner's
experience than just a simple request to ask how to make the text editor
menu font selection permanent (which could be a check box in the font
GUI)?  Entering old age, degraded eyesight makes it necessary.  Thanks.

Kirk