[Newbies] Project on squeak language

roger mpouma rmpouma at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:51:26 UTC 2016

I have already implemented the canvas on which we draw, the possibility of
drawing with the brush but with only a single color and a single size, a
capacity to erase what we have already drawn with the "Clear" command on
the custom menu code.
So, i'd like to add the possibility of changing the color and the size of
the brush presenting the choices of color and brush size.

The differents methods are:

"Methods"
extent: aPoint
    | newForm |
    super extent: aPoint.
    newForm := Form extent: self extent depth: 16.
    newForm fillColor: Color veryLightGray.
    form ifNotNil: [form displayOn: newForm].
    form := newForm.

initialize
    super initialize.
    self extent: 500 at 350.

drawOn: aCanvas
    aCanvas image: form at: bounds origin.

handlesMouseDown: evt
    ^ true

mouseDown: evt
    brush := Pen newOnForm: form.
    brush roundNib: 3.
    brush color: Color red.
    lastMouse := evt cursorPoint - bounds origin.
    brush drawFrom: lastMouse to: lastMouse.
    self invalidRect:
    ((lastMouse - brush sourceForm extent corner:
    lastMouse + brush sourceForm extent)
    translateBy: bounds origin).

mouseMove: evt
    | p |
    p := evt cursorPoint - bounds origin.
    p = lastMouse ifTrue: [^ self].
     brush drawFrom: lastMouse to: p.
    self invalidRect: ((
        ((lastMouse min: p) - brush sourceForm extent) corner:
        ((lastMouse max: p) + brush sourceForm extent))
            translateBy: bounds origin).
    lastMouse := p.

addCustomMenuItems: aCustomMenu hand: aHandMorph
    super addCustomMenuItems: aCustomMenu hand: aHandMorph.
    aCustomMenu add: 'clear' action: #clear.

clear
    form fillColor: Color veryLightGray.
    self changed.

"Class PaintMorph"
Morph subclass: #PaintMorph
    instanceVariableNames: 'form brush lastMouse'
    classVariableNames: ''
    poolDictionaries: ''
    category: 'Morphic-Fun'

"Workspace"