[Newbies] run to here

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Jun 3 14:41:04 UTC 2016

Hi Joe,

"run to here" only goes forward not back.  It works like continue with a future break point (your cursor location).  For it to work you need to place the cursor somewhere ahead of where you are and then select "run to here".  It should in most cases take you to where you are trying to go.

If you are trying to go backwards, and it is safe to do so, select the method you want to debug in the stack.  Then press the restart button.  This will restart the execution to the beginning of the method you have selected.  You can then use the "run to here" method to get to the right location in your method to start debugging.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum