***SPAM*** Re: [Newbies] Machine gun the Balloon!

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Sun May 8 17:21:29 UTC 2016

Hi,

For me the idea of the computer as tool at the service of creative human
spirit and for children from 6 to 100 years, stated by the Smalltalk
creators, mean that we should have a continuum between children,
developers, other adults, elders, build with Smalltalk. Because this is
not possible yet, what we have are several projects like Squeak, Cuis
and Pharo, inspired by Smalltalk and serving different interest and
people. Despite of not being ideal, this is far better that having
"Squeak for children" and non Smalltalk technologies for everything
else. In this way you can choose your Smalltalk inspired/based
environment for you and the people you're (co-)designing for, without
the wars between serving one as precluding the possibility to serving
the others.

Cheers,

Offray