[Newbies] Re: FileDirectory

Joseph Alotta joseph.alotta at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:16:12 UTC 2016

> On May 26, 2016, at 5:50 PM, Ron Teitelbaum [via Smalltalk] <ml-node+s1294792n4897656h85 at n4.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> Have a look at the Hierarchy for the class Url
>

> Notice the class method: #urlClassForScheme:
>

> That should give you a better understanding of why url methods are in FileDirectory.
>

> For browser like methods see HTTPClient.

Sorry, Ron, all I got from this email after a day of trying to understand it, is that I do not have the background to grasp what you are trying to tell me.  It seems you need to know all of this already before you know how to use it.

I thought the purpose of encapsulation is that you do not need to know the inner workings of an object to use it.

Is there something more basic about urls and httpclients that I can start with?

Sincerely,

Joe.